Personalized Precision Medicine for Space Flight Participants
- More thoroughly describe the biological response of humans in space
- Describe molecular attributes of individual space flight participants that alter the risk profile prior to entering the space environment
- Deploy Omics techniques in the development of personalized countermeasures
- Develop a comprehensive Omics-based assessment and countermeasure platform that will guide human space flight in the future.
- Metabolism of therapeutic drugs used in space
- One carbon metabolism and DNA stability
- Iron metabolism, oxidative stress, and DNA stability
- Essential input (e.g. Mg, Zn, nicotinamide) effects on DNA repair
- Molecular network changes associated with adverse events in space
- Molecular dynamics that affect mood, cognition, team cohesion, and other brain-associated attributes
- Performance dynamics
At Sovaris Aerospace, we believe that widespread Omics profiling should serve as the foundation for aerospace medicine research. As part of our prior and our ongoing work, we develop methodological approaches to advance the field of space medicine research with a continual focus on actionable countermeasures. In addition, we have developed molecular-based assessment and countermeasures that can be deployed today, while recognizing that near- and far-term innovation will continually be required to advance the field. In this context, we are strongly committed to contributing to the evolution of personalized medicine, as the standard of care for humans in space.